I've had a little sign hanging above my kitchen door for many years now that says, simply, SIMPLIFY. It's always a goal of mine - to keep the schedule just a little lighter, the workload a little more realistic, the to do list a little less doesy.
Well, just at the end of our summer season, simplicity was thrust upon me. I have breast cancer. The cancer is very treatable (two surgeries down and half my chemotheraphy finished with three more chemo treatments and radiation ahead) but by the time our summer guests start trickling in in late April, I should be finished and fast on the road to healthy and strong. We are doing all we can to make sure that the coming summer is realistic and respresents the best of what our family run business has to offer.
We want to be your hosts this summer - and sending you away happy is our priority!
As you might imagine, this has given our whole family a reason to get to simple and we've engineered a few things here that we hope will make this a camler and equally lovely place to stay come spring.
1. We've removed the Mountainview cabin from our rental inventory. We have a long term renter come January and are going to be some long needed renvoations to this little cabin to bring it up to speed.
2. We've changed our breakfast service. If you read our reviews, our breakfast are AWESOME - and they still will be. My passion for hand laminating croissant dough has not diminished nor has my hunger for new recipes to try in preparation for summer. This year we'll have the coffee on in our newly renovated common room at 7 a.m. and we'll start serving food at 7:30 a.m.and keep the buffet stocked until 9 a.m. This should allow more flexibility for our guests who want to grab breakfast and head for Lamar Valley or sleep in a bit after a long day in the park. Our breakfast will include juice, coffee, yougurt, homemade granola, freshly prepared organic eggs from our local chickens and a fresh baked pastry. I promise you won't be disappointed!
3. We've lowered our prices in the main house. Once $140 for 2 people, the rooms will now rent for $125 - a reflection of a simpler breakfast service alone.
4. Our Riverview cabin guests (once left to fend for themselves at breakfast time) will be provided with a pound of fresh coffee and a dozen farm eggs upon arrival. Every morning (you pick the time) we'll deliver the fresh baked pastry to your cabin. We've heard in the past that some of our guests felt left out - no more! The cabin rate will remain $200/night for the summer 2013 season.
5. Nightly treats are delivered freshly baked every evening. We want you to feel tucked in with a little Montana hospitality just before bed! If you feel like an evening campfire, marshmallows and fixings for s'mores are also provided. Our river raft hosts tell great stories!
If you have any questions about these changes, please let us know. We'll be happy to answer them. In the meantime, we hope you'll consider joining our happy brood for a Yellowstone summer you won't forget! Bring a family reunion to Headwaters (at reduced prices for groups) or book before January 1, 2013 and receive a 10 percent holiday discount.
All the best to you and yours,